Terms & Conditions
1. A signed copy/approval by email of these terms and conditions is required before commencement of work. This indicates your acceptance of these terms.
2. For safety and insurance reasons, personal visits to my premises are not permitted. Any and all necessary meetings will be held at a suitable alternative location.
3. Written quotations will be provided to you for approval prior to the commencement of work.
4. Work will be presented using Microsoft Office applications, usually Word, Excel and PowerPoint; and/or PDF if required.
5. I may use other file formats, as required, such as Adobe Photoshop & InDesign, as well as jpeg, png and tiff.
6. You have the right to cancel any request of work at any time, but I reserve the right to charge for any work carried out prior to the cancellation.
7. The responsibility of the final proofreading of documents lies with the client and any errors notified within 48 hours of receipt will be corrected free of charge. After 48 hours it shall be deemed that the work has been accepted as free of errors and omissions and I will accept liability or loss arising from the performance of any services carried out under our agreement. Errors or omissions reported after 48 hours unless prior agreement, will still be corrected but the additional time spent will be charged to the client.
8. I will not be held liable or responsible for the end use of any document or work carried out. I retain the right to reject work which involves material I feel is illegal or immoral.
9. For project work, I require all the documentation, such as copy, images, company logos, etc in advance of the commencement date.
Charges & Payments
1. For any project, such as a website, a plan and brief with will agreed prior to the commencement of work. Any delays in receiving the required documentation or changes to the brief during the project may incur extra charges.
2. All charges are billed by the hour and charged upon completion of project or on a monthly basis.
3. A 25% deposit must be paid in advance for any monthly retainer packages, any unused hours can be carried over to subsequent months.
4. Payment can be made by BACS transfer with 14 days of receipt of invoice.
5. Any and all costs incurred for chasing and/or recovering the outstanding payment will be added to the client’s account.
6. Any additional costs that are required to carry out the client requirement successfully, such as travel, postage and other expenses will be added to the invoice and receipts will be provided.
7. If a very quick turnaround of work is required (less than 24 hours) additional charges may be applied. I will inform you of this at the time of booking.
8. Charges will be reviewed 31st March of each year and clients will be notified of any new charges in writing.
Confidentiality & Data Protection
1. Confidentiality is guaranteed at all times.
2. I do not share any information with third parties unless required to do so by law.
3. All work will be kept securely on file for a period of 12 months. After this time, work will be deleted unless otherwise agreed.
4. You may need to virus check electronic files and emails as, although I take reasonable precautions, I cannot guarantee that all electronic data is virus free.
5. The main communication method I use with clients is email, but I cannot be responsible for the security of correspondence and documents sent by email. By accepting these terms, you give informed consent to enable me to communicate with you on confidential matters by email, unless you have asked me not to do so.
6. I use secure cloud storage with Microsoft, which has dual-factor authentication for access. However, in event of server failure or distribution, I cannot be held liable for any loss of information or documents.